Spool of Thread’s Top 12 Gifts for Sewists!
This Holiday Season, we’ve made a list of our favourite things in 2014 and created our 12 Days of Gifting Gift Guide. It’s the Sewing Gift Guide to end all Sewing Gift Guides. We promise there’s a suggestion for every sewist in your life, and maybe even a few things you’ll want to add to your own wishlist.
If you’re still stumped, sometimes a Gift Certificate is the best choice!
1. Fabric! Choose from over 1500 designs, including these wonderful Christmas prints. If you’re not sure how much to buy, our staff would be happy to assist you.
2. With our curated selection of ribbon and trims, theres no reason for any gift this season to be unadorned.
3. A rotary cutter is a must have in any sewist’s sewing kit. And they work best with a self-healing mat and ruler.
4. Books, like Me and My Sewing Machine, are the one thing we give every year. Our book topics cover garment making, quilting, kid’s sewing and much more!
5. Flatter Smoothing Spray. This starch-free smoothing spray leaves fabric soft and static free.
6. A beautiful pair of scissors, big or small. A good pair of scissors can last a lifetime! From 8 or 9-inch Gingher Scissors, to the tiny ones for snipping threads or traveling.
7. A stuffie kit from Kiriki Press. We’re so excited to have these sweet kits in the shop. Learn embroidery stitches from a detailed guide and make a stuffie to give, or give the whole kit to your sewing friend.
8. Keep pins in line with a Grabbit Pin Cushion.
9. Wrangle those wild bobbins with the super cool Bobbin Saver.
10. Fat Quarters are 18 by 22-inch cuts of fabric. They make for great gifts as they are affordable and you can easily pick an assortment of fabrics with a special sewist in mind.
11. Match your favourite fabrics with the Soak Nail Polish Kits. Curated by fabric designers, Lizzy House and Denyse Schmidt, these polish colours are selected to perfectly match your nails to your handmade project. The Lizzy House kit even has a special point to create your own nail-sized Pearl Bracelets, just like her fabric!
12. Sewing Patterns for him and her, like these staff favourites from Colette Patterns: the Walden Albion and the Dahlia dress.